Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 23:02:54 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Conflict between neomagic and apm

Hello guys;

I am happily using FreeBSD-4.0R on my SONY VAIO F-250 (with the neomagic
sound/video chipset). I built the kernel with apm (no flags) and then
added the new pcm (no flags). Everything runs nicely, however I noticed
that after pcm was added to the kernel, "shutdown -p +0" won't powerdown
the system any more.

After running xmcd I am also noticing that the volume can't be set
higher than what Winblows had before (maybe this was my fault when
configuring xmcd though).

Sorry if this is known behavior, I didn't find this reported on the
archives. As always kudos for the apm and pcm maintainers!

   Pedro.