Date:      Sun, 5 May 2002 15:15:52 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        "Christopher J. Umina" <FJU@Fritzilldo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Lord Raiden" <raiden23@netzero.net>
Subject:   Re: demand dial DSL

On Sunday 05 May 2002 05:05 pm, Christopher J. Umina wrote:
| Just ping a remote system constantly.  Pick one, like www.yahoo.com haha
| That should keep it alive..

Well, it would be pretty obnixous to ping yahoo, but seriously, since it's
the ISP that's broken why not just set up somebody to ping the ISP itself
every minute.  And do bug 'em to ask why such a thing is necessary.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org

If you smell the smoke you don't need to be told what you've got to do;
Yet there's a certain breed, so very in-between, they'd rather take a
vote.   -- DEVO  --  Here To Go