Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 2014 00:29:48 +0200
From:      Jeroen Hofstee <jeroen@myspectrum.nl>
To:        Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>,  Jeroen Hofstee <jeroen@myspectrum.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make xdev-links

Hello Tim,

On 19-10-14 23:46, Tim Kientzle wrote:
>> On Oct 19, 2014, at 2:46 AM, Jeroen Hofstee <jeroen@myspectrum.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that the xdev target no longer installs the long names, but it needs
>> the xdev-links target for that purpose. However if you try to use that compiler you get:
>>
>> armv6-freebsd-cc main.c
>> ERROR: Source object /tmp/main-2cb9c8.o has EABI version 0, but target a.out has EABI version 4
> What compiler?  Is this clang or gcc?
>
>     armv6-freebsd-cc --version

This is:

FreeBSD clang version 3.4.1 (tags/RELEASE_34/dot1-final 208032) 20140512
Target: armv6--freebsd
Thread model: posix

>> If the symlinks are renamed to armv6-freebsd-gnuebi-* compiling works fine.
>> Should such a rename be considered?
>>
>> ---
>> Unrelated, since crochet wants to be run as root, I noticed u-boot will stop
>> compiling, since the root shell has VENDOR set to amd, overwriting the actual
>> board VENDOR in the Makefiles.
> Please send a patch to Crochet project that unsets the VENDOR environment variable.

For the record this is only an issue with u-boot 2014.10. If there is a
sound
reason to have this variable around I will send a patch to u-boot, which we
can easily cherry-pick back.  I have no idea who sets this at the moment
though.

Regards,

Jeroen