Date:      Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:50:14 -0800 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Marty Poulin <mpoulin@honk.org>
Cc:        "Tegels, Kent" <KTegels@hdrinc.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: What to do with new hardware...

	CCed: to -questions and out of -newbies

> Thanks for the info about Win 98.  I'll keep it in mind, and let you all
> know if I run into problems.
>
> > My significant other advises against dual booting with Win98 (it doesn't
> > seem to like RedHat and may not like FreeBSD). OTOH, I'm very happy with my
> > dual-boot NT/FreeBSD machines. We use RH's IP Masq'ing with @home's
> > cable-modem service quite happily.

	On a related note, I just found out in a round about way that part
of 98's problem is that the FAT 32 system has been causing a lot of
problems! For some reason the Master Boot Record keeps getting corrupted
and causes problems. The unofficial recommendation from Microsoft is to
not run the FAT 32 system and stick with FAT16.
	The company I work for runs a database software called Dataflex on
Win95 networked systems. When 98 is loaded and Fat32 initialzed, the
Dataflex software no longer runs at all! (Though it runs under FreeBSD
fine! :)

							Rick