Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:24:34 -0500
From:      Rajeev Agrawala <rajeeva@research.bell-labs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dell Poweredge 2400 Perc 2/Si controller

Hi,

I am a newbie at freebsd. I am trying to install 4.2-RELEASE on a DELL
poweredge 2400 System. It has a raid Perc 2/Si. I have 2 disks on that
raid, which I have configured in Raid 1 configuration. I can see the
disk if I run DOS. When I start freebsd installation, freebsd does not
see any disk in the system.

I looked through mail archives and got the feel that Perc 2/Si is
supported. DO I need to get some differnet boot kernel to be able to
install on a Perc 2/Si Raid.

Thanks in advance,

rajeev