Date:      Mon, 27 May 1996 08:28:23 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        jfieber@indiana.edu (John Fieber)
Subject:   Re: Archive Viper not correctly identified.

As John Fieber wrote:
> [I posted this to scsi a while ago, no responese.  Does anybody
> read it?]

...and i'm moving it back there, where it belongs.

You can always ask majordomo to see who's subscribed.  If you do for
freebsd-scsi, you'll find all the scsi-related people here.  So if you
don't get an answer, it's most likely not that nobody read your
message, but that nobody *has* an answer ready.  Me for example, i
gave my Viper away more than a year ago, and i know that the ``known
rogue'' selection works for my TDC-4222 drive.

(Btw., the ``...is a known rogue'' has gone some time ago, since it
was confusing too many people -- so don't wait for it.)

If it doesn't work for you, it's most likely that you have only two
debug it yourself.  Looking into the code (sys/scsi/scsiconf.c),
you'll notice that you can temporarily turn on SC_SHOWME in the flags
of a quirk record, to make the quirk selection code more noisy about
its decisions.  Perhaps this will get you something further.

Sorry that i can't be more helpful.

--
cheers, J"org