Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:59:45 +0100
From:      "Joachim Dagerot" <jd@dagerot.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What is best: NFS or Samba?  was:NFS Mounting, client credentials too weak

On 2005-01-25 Kris Kennaway  wrote:
>> I'm trying to mount from a freeSBIE system (freeBSD 5.3) to my freeBSD server (5.1) when I get the errormessage: RPCPROG_MNT: RPC: Authentication error; why = Client credential too weak.
>>
>> What can I do?
>
>Try to mount as root, not a nonprivileged user.

I'm doing that now. I also found out that I cant mount into a directory, only directly to a mount point. Something that was very clearly described in the handbook.

However, I have a samba share on the same server, it's sharing exactly the directory I want to have access to from my freeBSD client. Is it a better way to go via SAMBA then, compared to share everything?

Are there any other ways to solve this?