Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 20:40:49 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Bryan Bradsby <Bryan.Bradsby@capnet.state.tx.us>
Cc:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS for virtual hosting

Bryan Bradsby wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Doug Young wrote:
>
> > I need to configure local DNS in 4.0 RELEASE so that a local webserver
> > which is really "somewhere.net" can masquerade as
> > "someplace_else.com", and also allow mail for / from to be received /
> > sent on behalf of "someplace_else.com".

	I know you're just kicking around ideas here, but make sure you don't
actually use foo_underscore.com. You can't use the underscore in a name
that will be seen in the global dns. Only a-z, 0-9, and the dash (-).

Good luck,

Doug
--
Excess on occasion is exhilarating.  It prevents moderation from
acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.