Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 06:39:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   odd booting problem

The system is running 2.2-STABLE (RELENG_2_2 tag from April 11)

I was moving my system from an IDE drive to a SCSI drive.  I dumped
the IDE drive and moved everything over to the SCSI.  I removed the
IDE drive from the system and rebooted - the kernel boots except that
the bootstrap (?) code claims it's booting "0:wd0(0,a)kernel"
(something like that at least).  When it goes to mount the root device
it hangs.  If I put the IDE drive back it seems to boot off the SCSI
drive but mounts the IDE drive.

Does anyone have any helpful clues on how to get it to boot entirely
off the SCSI drives?

Thanks,

--
Dave Cornejo - Dogwood Media, Fremont, California