Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2016 09:13:35 +0200
From:      Borja Marcos <borjam@sarenet.es>
To:        Rostislav Krasny <rosti.bsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'm upset about FreeBSD

> On 17 Oct 2016, at 02:44, Rostislav Krasny <rosti.bsd@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> First of all I faced an old problem that I reported here a year ago:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.stable/96598
> Completely new USB flash drive flashed by the
> FreeBSD-11.0-RELEASE-i386-mini-memstick.img file kills every Windows
> again. If I use the Rufus util to write the img file (using DD mode)
> the Windows dies immediately after the flashing. If I use the
> Win32DiskImager (suggested by the Handbook) it doesn't reinitialize
> the USB storage and Windows dies only if I remove and put that USB
> flash drive again or boot Windows when it is connected. Nothing was
> done to fix this nasty bug for a year.

I=E2=80=99m afraid that=C2=B4s a Windows problem. And potentially a =
critical one. That barfing
upon USB insertion might point to a buffer overflow condition.

Now that people from Microsoft are reading these lists and polishing =
support for
the Microsoft hypervisor, maybe they should slap some wrists in-house =
(hard!).
*nudge*-*nudge*-*wink*-*wink*.

Borja.