Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 2002 20:21:38 -0800
From:      Gary D Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   wedged...

	I'm wedged.

        Last month I had to change ISP's.  I decided to put all my
        servers behind a firewall and use dhcpd to link my private
        network to the outside.

        For unknown reasons, on ns1.thought.org (or elsewhere outside),
        dig sees my primary web server correctly, as 216.231.43.140.
        Behind the firewall--or maybe behind dhcp, I keep picking up
        my old IP  for ns1.thought.org (aka www.thought.org).

        Can anyone clue me in here...?

        thanks much,

        gary kline

        <cut-paste>
        .
        .
        .
; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> www.thought.org
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      www.thought.org, type = A, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.thought.org.        7m44s IN A      216.39.168.248

;; Total query time: 32 msec
;; FROM: tao.thought.org to SERVER: default -- 216.231.41.2
;; WHEN: Sun Dec  8 17:23:15 2002
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 33  rcvd: 49

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix