Date:      Sat, 21 May 2005 11:21:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Daniel Valencia <fetrovsky@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   [SOLVED] sending MAC packets --- again, and again

Hello all

Thanks to your answers, and thanks to Charles Swiger
for mentioning the timeout value, i went to the
manpage and re-read that, and figured out that I had
misinterpreted the timeout purpose.  I thought that if
I set it to zero, I would wait forever and as soon as
a packet arrived I would be notified... I was wrong...
When I set it to zero, pcap_loop would actually wait
forever before notifying me of any received packets.
Setting the timeout to 1 I get the packets immediately
after pcap sees them.

The only problem is, I'm imposing an artificial 1ms
delay in my receiving of packets.  It's not actually
important at this point, but it would be nice if it
weren't that way.

Again, thank you all

- Daniel