Date:      Mon, 19 May 1997 16:29:11 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
To:        gljohnsn@iamerica.net (Glenn Johnson)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rand_irqs in sysconfig/rc.conf

> Can someone explain to me what the 'rand_irqs' option in sysconfig/rc.conf
> does? I searched the help archives but could not come up with anything. My
> system is running fine but I am curious about this option. Thank you.

This is for enhancing the security of your system. Those rand_irqs specify
interrupt request that can be used to construct random numbers. The numbers
are more random if the choosen interrupts occur more random. Those
numbers are needed to make it harder for crackers to intrude your system
by guessing some important numbers.

Wolfgang