Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 06:42:21 -0500
From:      Team FreeBSD RC5-64 Effort <team-freebsd@circle.net>
To:        "'freebsd-announce@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-announce@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-chat@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Team FreeBSD RC5-64 Secret Key Challenge

Calling all FreeBSD supporters everywhere!

Team FreeBSD is a distributed effort by FreeBSD supporters
to crack the RC5-64 encryption (RSA Secret Key Challenge).

This effort is coordinated by distributed.net using their
RC5-64 "Bovine" client programs.  These programs use ONLY
idle time on your machine, affecting production use not at
all.  There are versions of the client available for FreeBSD
as well as most other platforms.

To find out more about Team FreeBSD, visit:
http://www.circle.net/team-freebsd

To find out more about the RC5-64 effort, visit:
http://www.distributed.net

To see the latest rankings of Team FreeBSD, visit:
http://rc5stats.distributed.net/tmsummary.idc?TM=988

To flame me for crossposting this announcement, mail to:
team-freebsd@circle.net

If Team FreeBSD cracks the code, we plan on donating prize
winnings to the FreeBSD development effort.  So your CPU idle time
could mean real cash $$ for FreeBSD.

As of this posting, Team FreeBSD is now ranked #196 out of thousands
and climbing fast!