Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:59:48 +0000
From:      Crispy Beef <crispy.beef@ntlworld.com>
To:        gandalf <gandalf@messias.qhigh.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: php5 and apache2?

> I had the same problem before. I suppose you used portupgrade to install
> binary packages, right?
> The php5 package depends on apache13, this is why portupgrade installed
> apache13.
> You should deinstall php5 and apache13. Then refresh your ports tree.
> Finally, reinstall php5 from the ports:
>
> cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
> make
> make install
> cd /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions
> make
> make install

Might also be a good idea to delete the php5 options file first too.  It's
located here:

/var/db/ports/php5/options

There's one for php5-extensions too.

Normally the settings in these files are taken from doing a 'make config' so
if you want to start totally from scratch you probably want to ditch those too.

Hope this helps a little.

--
Paul