Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:42:28 +0100
From:      "Andrew White" <andywhite@ntlworld.ie>
To:        "'John'" <strgout@unixjunkie.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: snort + trunk + cat6500 + vacls

Read
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_
tech_note09186a008015c612.shtml

Basically you hook up your snort interface to the switch, then tell the
switch to span out the relevant vlans to that port, as far as I'm aware,
these packets will be missing the tag header when they come out the span
port, so you will see them as if they were all on your local wire..

Look at snort support groups for more details.

.Andrew