Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:15:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vinnie Yesue <vinnie@picketfence.suburbs.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   trouble installing

I'm attempting to install 2.2.7 onto a 486 dx-33.  the hardware is pretty
standard stuff - 3c509, isa s3 based cheap video card, isa drive
controller/serial/parallel interface.

I put in my boot disk and get to the kernel config screen ok, and I set
things up as they should be and then continue.  freebsd dumps all my
driver info out, but then it mysteriously dies, the last line it shows is:

/stand/sysinstall running as ini on vty0

but I never see sysinstall!  on the second virtual console i see:

DEBUG: ioctl(3, TIOCCONS, NULL) = 0 (success)

and on the third virtual console, nothing.

o I have tried multiple boot disks
o I did NOT remove sc0 from the kernel config

does anyone know what's breaking?

	vinnie