Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 11:09:32 +0200
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
To:        OKAZAKI Tetsurou <okazaki@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No pre- or post-deinstall target?

Hi,

> > Use @unexec in pkg-plist.
>
> If you want to call a complex script at deinstall-time, you can
> also do it by setting PKGDEINSTALL to the script.  Default value
> of PKGDEINSTALL is ${PKGDIR}/pkg-install.

I assume you mean pkg-deinstall :)

   PKGDEINSTALL?=  ${PKGDIR}/pkg-deinstall

(from /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk) Anyway, this is kewl. I will need this to
make sure that Orion application server (java/orion) is stopped when the port
is deinstalled.

Hmm, I will need to stop the Orion server *before* all files in pkg-plist are
deleted, cause I will use the installed 'orionctl' script to stop the server.
This will also delete the PID file (/var/run/orion.pid)...

Anyway, I will think this over a bit more, reread the Porters Handbook and
check out the makefiles a bit more :)

Thanks for the hints!

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
Java Architect

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ