Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 04:21:30 +0200
From:      Jens Sauer <pirol9999@gmx.net>
To:        RaymundoVega@home.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFW-question

> Jens Sauer wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> i am using ipfw for the very first time and have the following problem:
>>
>> i configured my kernel with FIREWALL- and IPDIVERT-support fot NATD,
>> because of my private-address-clients.
>>
>> my rc.conf looks that way:

>>         **ISDN-things**
>>         natd_enable="YES"
>>         natd_interface="isp0"
>>         natd_flags="-dynamic"
>>         firewall_enable="YES"
>>         gateway_enable="YES"
>>
>> my isdn-interface ISP0 is working fine, when i ping the internet from
>> the firewall, it dials, all ok.
>>
>> but when i traceroute into the internet from a LAN-client (192.168.0.x),
>> the isdn-card on the firewall is successfully dialing (interface is up),
>> but the packets are only going up to the network-card on the firewall,
>> then i get a timeout.
>>
>> I configured IPFW like that:
>>
>>         ipfw -f flush
>>         ipfw add pass all from any to any
>>         ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via isp0

> I think the ipfw divert must go before the pass line

> raymundo

I have tried that too, no change.
I forgot to mention the entry "firewall_script="/etc/firewall/mine" in
rc.conf, where "mine" ran the above ipfw-commands.
I tried also      firewall_type="open"    (but the rc.firewall-script
is running the same commands, when configured as "open")

thanks anyway for your help, i will try further