Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 17:19:13 +0100
From:      "Morten Seeberg" <morten@seeberg.dk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dhclient messes up NIC during install

Hi, I had this problem myself once, but thought I just ran into some bad
luck, then yesterday while converting a RedHat user to 4.0R, I ran into this
probelm again, asked around, and I wasnīt the only one with this problem.

During install, when chosing download site, and then using dhcp configuring,
if dhclient is unable to configure the card, then you might as well reboot
the machine, because you canīt do a manual configure afterwards.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I tried to get a lease from a Solaris DHCP server, which doesnīt seem to
work very well (works fine for Linux, Windows)