Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 1998 17:15:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   inetd (vs. manpages) question

In poking through the provided inetd.conf (and it's counterpart in the CVS
tree), I saw that an rpc entry looks like:

rstatd/1-3      dgram   rpc/udp wait    root    /usr/libexec/rpc.rstatd
rpc.rstatd (it has 7 parts).

However in inetd(8):

     To specify an ONC RPC-based service, the entry would contain these
     fields:

           service name/version
           socket type
           rpc/protocol
           user[:group][/login-class]
           server program
           server program arguments

notice it has 6 sections (it's missing the wait/nowait).  I don't use rpc
services, so I don't know which is correct (I'm writing an X utility to go
through inetd.conf).  Either way a small patch (which I'd be willing to
generate) is in order.  Could someone enlighten me on which is correct?

El hombre mas brillante dijo una vez "Cuidado hay NT". (it's a nerd thing)

- alex