Date:      01 Aug 2003 01:37:35 -0400
From:      "J. Seth Henry" <jshamlet@comcast.net>
To:        stan <stanb@panix.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help PLEASE! on proper kernel config file to use serial ports with puc driver

Stan,
Could you describe your hardware in a bit more detail. I can't imagine
why your system would hard lock, unless there is something seriously
wrong. Also, I'm curious why puc is detecting your card as sio4 and sio5
(COM5 and COM6 respectively) Most mainboards only have sio0/COM1 and
sio1/COM2. What is using sio2 and sio3?

BTW - I would start from a generic kernel configuration if you don't
remember what you did. Then, make the necessary changes to the copy of
GENERIC, and go from there. Then, rebuild the kernel - it probably isn't
necessary, but it will at least return your kernel to something closer
to the baseline.

Regards,
Seth Henry