Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:39:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Grant Wagner <kithera@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mounting a smb share from fstab

Hi Folks,

  I'm attempting to mount a guest smb share on my server at boot up.
I've
set up a .nsmbrc file which will get me past a password login if I
try to
mount it after a log in, and I've added the following line to my
fstab file.

//guest@server/DataHeap /mnt/server smbfs rw 0 0

Now, since my .nsmbrc file is in my home directory, it's clearly not
read
during boot up and the whole process pauses waiting for me to input
an empty
password.

Can I somehow add a flag to fstab to tell it it's only a guest
account and
thus doesn't need a password or perhaps move the .nsmbfs file
somewhere
where it's picked up at boot time? Any ideas?

Grant

Finding fabulous fares is fun.