Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:17:00 +0200
From:      "Aitor San Juan" <asanjuan@bolsabilbao.es>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Default file creation permissions

Hi List,

I have a shell script whose execution is scheduled by CRON. The command =
scheduled is of the form:

50 23 * * 1-5 /apps/batch/cronjobs/bd_backup.sh > =
/apps/batch/logs/bd_backup.log 2>&1

This shell script runs under the id of root. The file permissions of the =
log file created are 644 (owner: root, group: wheel). I'd like that the =
file permissions of the log created be 600 (or 640 maximum). How could I =
accomplish this? This is probably related to "umask", but I don't dare =
changing anything in case that change could affect some other security =
configuration as a side effect.

What would you recommend?

Any hint or suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Aitor.

************ LEGEZKO OHARRA / AVISO LEGAL / LEGAL ADVICE *************=20
Mezu honek isilpeko informazioa gorde dezake, edo jabea duena, edota =
legez babestuta dagoena. Zuri zuzendua ez bada, bidali duenari esan eta =
ezabatu, inori berbidali edo gorde gabe, legeak debekatzen duelako =
mezuak erabiltzea baimenik gabe.=20
-
Este mensaje puede contener informaci=F3n confidencial, en propiedad o =
legalmente protegida. Si usted no es el destinatario, le rogamos lo =
comunique al remitente y proceda a borrarlo, sin reenviarlo ni =
conservarlo, ya que su uso no autorizado est=E1 prohibido legalmente.
-
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged =
information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, =
please notify it to the sender and delete without resending or backing =
it, as it is legally prohibited.
*