Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:53:27 +0100
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@freebsd.org>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Website errors

--nHwqXXcoX0o6fKCv

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 10:54:04AM -0500, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:32:37 +0100
> Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org> wrote:
>=20
In
> > >=20
> > > All,
> > >=20
> > > This link is in the June 1999 entry, for jkh on the GigABytes Radio
> > > show.  As stated at
> > > http://itim.tamu.edu/htmlfs/changes/gigabyte092002.shtml, the content
> > > for this is now long deleted from the web server.
> > >=20
> > > This raises the question: what we do with broken links here?
> > > They're clearly no use pointing to non-existent pages, but is an entry
> > > in here worth having if there's nothing to link to?  I'm tempted to s=
ay
> > > "yes", and just remove the links on dead stories that can't be found.
> > >=20
> >=20
> > What about our news archive on freefall.  Would it be possible to link
> > against the archived versions of the pages?  Do publishers usually allow
> > this, when one asks?
>=20
> That would be a big job (asking different 'news' websites if we
> could mirror their stories which are FreeBSD specific) ...
>=20

Yes, it's probably worth the hassle.  Especially considering that the
available docs and web pages are work anough.

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--nHwqXXcoX0o6fKCv

--nHwqXXcoX0o6fKCv--