Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:24:36 -0500
From:      "Ed Wynn" <edwynn42@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: D-Link problem

>This is a 530TX+ we're talking about here, correct?

The box says DFE-538TX/R.  The manual and disk omit the trailing "/R".

>About the only thing I can do is obtain a card like yours and play with
>it. If you can show me a link to the exact card that you have on the
>D-Link web site, I can see what I can do about getting BSDi to buy me
>one.

I looked at dlink.com, but couldn't find any record of my card.  I then
checked dlink.ca, and it has it.  The exact URL for the card is
http://www.dlink.ca/products/prod.cgi?sku=dfe-538tx although the picture
there doesn't look *exactly* like my card (I don't see the WoL connector in
their picture, for example).

>The alternative is for you to stick a second card in that machine which
>does work, then put it on the net and give me remote access to it so I
>can debug it myself. This may not be possible for technical or political
>reasons however.

Well, something like this may be possible.  I'll get in touch with you
directly to discuss further.

Greg Schmidt (hoping that edwynn42@hotmail.com isn't going to get onto too
many spam lists as a result of all this)