Date:      Sun, 24 May 2015 00:55:46 -0700
From:      Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
To:        Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
Cc:        Andrey Fesenko <f0andrey@gmail.com>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: am335x-bone.dts not exist

> On May 24, 2015, at 12:12 AM, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>=20
> On May 24, 2015, at 0:07, Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com> =
wrote:
>=20
>>> On May 23, 2015, at 7:21 PM, Andrey Fesenko <f0andrey@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>>>=20
>>> # uname -a
>>> FreeBSD des.local 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r283306: Sat
>>> May 23 11:56:46 MSK 2015
>>> root@des.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>>>=20
>>> I'm build BEAGLEBONE with crochet.
>>>=20
>>> build error
>>>=20
>>> Mounting UFS partition 1 at /usr/obj/_.mount.freebsd
>>> Installing U-Boot from : /usr/local/share/u-boot/u-boot-beaglebone
>>> Error: beaglebone.dts:29.1-2 syntax error
>>> FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> file /usr/src/sys/boot/fdt/dts/arm/beaglebone.dts contain #include
>>> "am335x-bone.dts" but this file not existence. Need use =
am335x-evm.dts
>>> or else?
>>=20
>>=20
>> am335x-bone.dts in in sys/gnu/dts/arm/, it's a file provided by =
vendor (TI)
>>=20
>> I guess crochet does not have this path as include path when =
compiling
>> dts files.
>=20
> Pardon me for being a bit daft potentially, but shouldn=92t #include =
work for all dts files (look for #include in this doc: =
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/petazzoni-devi=
ce-tree-dummies.pdf )?
> Thanks!
>=20

#include in dts file is handled by cpp(1). /include/ is handled
by dtc I believe

You can take a look at how FreeBSD compiles dts files in
sys/tools/fdt/make_dtb.sh

crochet does not have cpp stage of compilation and before my TI
code/devicetree refactoring none of the dts files referenced in
crochet used #include. That's why problem never appeared.=20

Fix is just a matter of fixing freebsd_install_fdt in lib/freebsd.sh.
If nobody beats me to it I'll try to fix it and submit pull request to =
Tim.=20