Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:29:21 -0500
From:      "Dr. Richard E. Hawkins" <hawk@slytherin.ds.psu.edu>
To:        John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tweaking the wheel on a cordless logitech mouse

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 12:52:42PM -0500, John Bleichert wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Dr. Richard E. Hawkins wrote:

> For what it's worth, I was never able to get my wheel working with
> /dev/sysmouse. I use:

>  /dev/ums0 (USB mouse), or
>  /dev/psm0 (PS/2 mouse)

> and it works fine with protocoal 'auto'. Note that I don't use moused or
> imwheel at all.

Hmm, that did it.  I'll keep it; thanks.

Oh, and it's only 5 buttons, on 45, for X in XF86Config.  That might
account for some of the other weirdness I suffered.

thanks

hawk

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail