Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:09:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, ronald-freebsd8@www.klop.ws
Subject:   Re: installdate of a port/package?

Ronald Klop wrote:
 > I just upgraded a machine from FreeBSD 6 to 7. Very nice.
 > But my portupgrade -fa failed after a while.
 > How can I know which ports/packages are still from FreeBSD 6? Is there a
 > datee recorded somewhere or the FreeBSD-version of the port/package?
 > The date of the files in /var/db/pkg/* is unreliable, because installing a
 > package gives these files the date of the files in the package.

Sorry for th late reply, I didn't see this thread earlier.

You can look at the ctime of the +DESC files.  That should
be the time when the packages were installed.  This command
will list all packages in the order they were installed:

ls -lcrt /var/db/pkg/*/+DESC

Best regards
   Oliver

(On the statement print "42 monkeys" + "1 snake":)  By the way,
both perl and Python get this wrong.  Perl gives 43 and Python
gives "42 monkeys1 snake", when the answer is clearly "41 monkeys
and 1 fat snake".        -- Jim Fulton