Date:      Sat, 06 Dec 2008 07:19:47 +1000
From:      Warren Liddell <shinjii@maydias.com>
To:        Brian <bri@brianwhalen.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: desperate Newb help

I have no idea why 'configure' is run. No configure is run for me at all.
>> Looks like your ports tree isn't sane. How do you upgrade your
>> portstree?
>>
>> Instead of using portupgrade, could you just execute the following:
>> make -C /usr/ports/databases/qt4-sql clean build
>>

> If youre new to freebsd, pkg_add -r packagename is infinitely easier
> than muddling through port build options.
>
> Brian
Well i have been using freebsd for about a yr an i update my ports via
svn, but i also maintain a standard copy of the ports tree via csup.

Sadly the same error existed when i tried make -C
/usr/ports/databases/qt4-sql clean build ... id gladly use pkg_add if
had the pre-build pkg for QT4-sql vers 4.4.2 or even all the QT4 @ vers 4.5