Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 21:23:59 -0500
From:      "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
To:        Doug Silver <dsilver@urchin.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Clarification using cvsup-> 4.x-stable

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 07:19:33PM -0700, Doug Silver wrote:
> I just want to make sure the sources I just got are correct as originally
> I wanted to get 4.5-stable, so I put this in my cvsup file:
>
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
>
> did the buildworld/buildkernel fine, but upon reboot I see this:
>
> # uname -rs
> FreeBSD 4.6-RC

4.6-RC is the -stable branch during a certain period of time
preceding 4.6-STABLE

I think its documented somewhere, but we really need to make it
readily available because this question is asked quite often.  Does
anyone know a url that describes this?

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr@inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>