Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:48:13 +0930
From:      Ian Moore <no-spam@swiftdsl.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possible to go from 5.5 to 5.4?

--nextPart2448843.C3jfYkCFkh

On Saturday 17 June 2006 07:04, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 05:08:30PM -0400, Scott Tuc Ellentuch at T-B-O-=
H=20
wrote:
> > > 6) portupgrade -Ri of anything that was xorg*, nvidia*
> >
> > If you didn't use -f for nvidia-driver then it may not have rebuilt.
>
> 	Well, my nvidia-driver was out of date as is. So I didn't
> need to do an "-f". Same with alot of my xorg*. I probably should
> have been smarter (TOO LATE!!) to upgrade my nvidia first, run for
> a while.... THEN go to 5.5 .
>
> 	So it did get rebuilt. And when I portdowngraded and then
> portupgraded -f'd it, (I did mention that, right?) it would have
> re-installed it anyway.

Are you running an opengl screensaver? If so, I'd suspect it's opengl that'=
s=20
causing the problem.
I do the following in such cases:
portupgrade -f nvidia-driver\* xorgclients\*=20
portupgrade -fr libglut\*

A portupgrade -f xorg\* wouldn't go astray either!

Cheers,
Ian
gpg key: http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~imoore/no-spam.asc