Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:11:06 -0800
From:      Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@rahul.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nfs problems

Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net> writes:

>This is freebsd following the NFS spec, please read the mount_nfs
>man page for the workaround (hint: intr).

In my experience the 'intr' filesystem mount option does not always
work.  As an example, I am often unable to abort from a hung 'df' when a
remote NFS server is down.  (Even if my current directory is not
NFS-mounted.)

This might be a problem specific to 'df', though.  Ideally 'df' should
check to make sure a remote NFS server is responding (via the NFS null
procedure) before trying to get any filesystem info for that filesystem.
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@spams.r.us.com>