Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 17:12:36 -0600
From:      Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu>
To:        patl@phoenix.volant.org
Cc:        Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>, Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Right way to upgrade a port

On Wed, May 26, 1999 at 04:02:15PM -0700, patl@phoenix.volant.org wrote:
> The problem with the pkg_delete/make install sequence is that it can
> get quite awkward if there are other ports that depend on the one you
> are trying to update.  For worst-case scenaria, check out the dependancy
> trees for gnome and kde...

I know! I've been bitten by it in the past. That's why I was posting.
Maybe there should be an option (upgrade?) in the package/ports system
that would do both, i mean deleting the old package without worring
about dependencies and installing the new version... just a thought.

Regards,

-Oscar

--
For PGP Public Key: finger obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu