Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:35:07 -0800
From:      "Chris" <cengland@direct.ca>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Upgrade from 3.4-STABLE to 4.0-STABLE

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BF956B.DC50B7E0

Hi,

I recently upgraded from 3.4-STABLE to 4.0-STABLE.  I am having now =
having problems with the network configuration.  When I start up, I get =
a message that says something similar to the following which I am not =
quite able to grasp (forgive any inaccuracy, as I am currently not in =
the same city as the machine) "ed0: DAD no duplicated found".  When I =
type ifconfig -a, I can see the device and it looks properly configured =
to me, although there is no network connection present.

Also, when I try to run dhclient, it exits with the error "bpf: file not =
found" or something to that extent.  I have this enabled in the kernel =
as well as the devices made.

If anyone can give any suggestions regarding any of these issues, please =
reply, and also carbon copy me, as this address is not on the list.

Thanks,

                -Chris England

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BF956B.DC50B7E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I recently upgraded from 3.4-STABLE to=20
4.0-STABLE.&nbsp; I am having now having problems with the network=20
configuration.&nbsp; When I start up, I get a message that says =
something=20
similar to the following which I am not quite able to grasp (forgive any =

inaccuracy, as I am currently not in the same city as the machine) "ed0: =
DAD no=20
duplicated found".&nbsp; When I type ifconfig -a, I can see the device =
and it=20
looks properly configured to me, although there is no network connection =

present.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also, when I try to run dhclient, it =
exits with the=20
error "bpf: file not found" or something to that extent.&nbsp; I have =
this=20
enabled in the kernel as well as the devices made.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If anyone can give any suggestions =
regarding any of=20
these issues, please reply, and also carbon copy me, as this address is =
not on=20
the list.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -Chris =
England</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BF956B.DC50B7E0--