Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2018 22:36:54 +0200
From:      Ruben <mail@osfux.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to boot memstick on APU2

Hi Stefan,

On 07/08/2018 06:50 PM, Christoph Moench-Tegeder wrote:
> ## Stefan Bethke (stb@lassitu.de):
>
>> I'm stumped by a weird error: loader loads the kernel, and the kernel
>> probes the USB stick successfully, but da0 never shows up. I’ve tried
>> with FreeBSD-11.1-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img and
>> FreeBSD-11.2-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img.

I remember having simular issues when I installed 11.0 on one of my APUs
. My problems were solved by using the "lowest" usb port (the one
physically closest to the underside of the device).

I thought it had something to do with the PC Engines firmware at the
time (and it has been some time ago) but I'm not sure anymore and dit
not find the time to follow up..

Perhaps worth giving it a try.

Regards,

Ruben