Date:      Sat, 23 Sep 2000 21:04:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stephen Beitzel <sbeitzel@mumble.foobie.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   upsd - start script

I just downloaded & built the upsd port (/usr/ports/sysutils/upsd). I noticed
that this port doesn't install any manpages, nor does it have anything in
the included README or LICENSE files. Fortunately, the default upsd.conf
seems to work okay for me.

I searched the PR database for anything on upsd and only found two items
dating from 8/13/2000. These seem to be about updating the daemon to handle
230 volt hardware as well as 115. In one of the patches there's something
that looks like a control script (a comment claims it's based on apachectl)
but when I looked around on my installation, I didn't see it.

In any case, it looks to me like the port is still missing a startup/shutdown
script for /usr/local/etc/rc.d -- so I wrote a really simple one. Should I
submit it, and if so, where and how?