Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 1996 18:03:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: make world failed in -current

On Fri, 16 Feb 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> > > Is your libutil corrupted?
> >
> > 	Well, I deleted /usr/src/lib/libutil and resup and rebuilt it...
>
> Hmm, mine is:
>
> j@uriah 76% nm /usr/lib/libutil.so.2.1  | grep ' T '
> 00000c80 T _etext
> 000002f0 T _forkpty
> 000005e0 T _login
> 00000540 T _login_tty
> 00000460 T _logout
> 00000390 T _logwtmp
> 00000150 T _openpty
> 00000030 T _setproctitle
>
> All of your missing symbols are there.
>
> > Also, am I supposed to have a /usr/lib/libdescrypt* library if I am using
> > just the standard MD5 and not the DES Encryption?
>
> You've got the /usr/src/secure stuff around, that causes it to
> automatically pick the DES encryption.  This is probably wrong, it
> should always link -lcrypt.
>
> The -lcrypt in init(8) is only used if you declare your console as
> ``insecure'' anyway, in order to validate the root password when
> entering single user mode.

	Yep, my missing symbols are there... My problem is somehow I got the
DES in my passwd database so how do I fix it so it's MD5 since
libcrypt.so.2.0 somehow links to lindescrypt.so.2.0 instead of
libscrypt.so.2.0

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin - http://www.COSC.GOV/~vince
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan/Priscilla Chan Fan Club
Mailing Lists Admin