Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:23:43 -0600
From:      sound byte <sound-byte1@home.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   is there something wrong with my keyboard?

I am trying to install FreeBSD 3.1 on a new eMachines computer I
bought.  I am trying to have it co-exist with WindowsME.  Everything
goes fine, i get the partitioning done correctly, I get freebsd to
install a boot manager etc.  Then I reboot and get to the screen where i
have to choose as follows:

F1    Dos
F2    Freebsd

Default F1

I press F2 and nothing happens; I press enter and windows loads up; i
press F1 and wondows loads up!!!

should i install some other boot manger?  or is there something i'm
doing wrong?

Thanks!

Imran Ismail
MS Operations Research