Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:25:31 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Mantzios Achilleus <mantzios@softlab.ece.ntua.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Various threading libs

On (2003/11/21 14:16), Mantzios Achilleus wrote:

> Well are there any success stories with kse, libthr???
>
> In my system (jboss 3.0.3 on 5.1 p10 RELEASE and jdk1.4.2 p5)
> i have upto now:
>
> SCHED_ULE in the kernel and libkse -> System panics!!!!!
> (The rest is with SCHED_4BSD)

You really need to track -CURRENT until at least 5.2-RELEASE.  There's
been a huge amount of working on threading since 5.1-RELEASE.

JBoss-3.2.1 is working well on my 5.1-CURRENT (4 days old) workstation,
hosting a heavy-weight J2EE application, although only as a testbed for
the operator of the workstation (me).

This is with SCHED_ULE and libkse, which used to panic my box, then
locked up IntelliJ IDEA and now seems to have stabilized.

Ciao,
Sheldon.