Date:      Sat, 12 Jan 2002 11:30:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/33818: Bootable ITS image for KLH-10 PDP-10 emulator

The following reply was made to PR ports/33818; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To: Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@yahoo.com>
Cc: FreeBSD Bugs <freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 14:24:00 -0500

 On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 11:01:03AM -0800, Kenneth Stailey wrote:

 >>Number:         33818
 >>Category:       ports
 >>Synopsis:       Bootable ITS image for KLH-10 PDP-10 emulator

 THIS PR SUPERCEDES 33817. You should reply to 33817 and say it has been
 superceded by 33818.

 >XKLH10_HOME=	${PREFIX}/libexec/klh10-ks-its
 >XIMAGE_NAME=	PI-ITS-RP06.0-dbd9
 >Xpost-patch:
 >X	@zcat ${WRKDIR}/${IMAGE_NAME}.gz > ${KLH10_HOME}/${IMAGE_NAME}
 >X	@ ${SED} -e "s;@KLH10_HOME@;${KLH10_HOME};g" \
 >X		${FILESDIR}/its.sh >${WRKSRC}/its

 Umm, nope. Violates style convention. Badly. Soonest you can do this
 is in the pre-install or do-install.

 If I say "make", you're gonna do part of the install. No way is that
 gonna happen.

 Typically you wouldn't even do the gzip directly. But, in view of the
 size of the file, which you should comment right here, it's reasonable.

 Don't use zcat. There are macros for unzipping things.

 How about this:

 do-install:
 	@${GUNZIP_CMD} -c ${WRKDIR}/${IMAGE_NAME}.gz \
 		> ${KLH10_HOME}/${IMAGE_NAME}
 	@${CHMOD} ${LIBMODE} ${KLH10_HOME}/${IMAGE_NAME}
 	@${CHOWN} ${LIBOWN}:${LIBGRP} ${KLH10_HOME}/${IMAGE_NAME}
 	@ ${SED} -e "s;@KLH10_HOME@;${KLH10_HOME};g" \
 		${FILESDIR}/its.sh >${WRKSRC}/its
 	@ ${INSTALL_SCRIPT} ${WRKSRC}/its ${PREFIX}/bin

 --
 Alan Eldridge
 Pmmfmffmmfmp mmmpppppffmpmfpmpppff PmpMpmMpp ppfppp MpfpffmppmppMmpFmmMpm