Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:24:00 -1000 (HST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Subject:   Re: IBM ThinkPad 770Z 9549-8AU

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message
> <Pine.BSF.4.31.0101112023570.2080-100000@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET> Vincent
> Poy writes:
> : Also, is the
> : 3Com 3CCFEM656B CardBus 56k modem + 10/100 LAN PCMCIA card compatible?
>
> The 656B LAN side works on FreeBSD.  The modem doesn't.  But only in
> current.

	Thanks Warner...  I'm not too concerned about the modem side since
on this machine, even in windows, the built in modem which uses licensed
3Com/USR code is able to hit 46k.  The ones on PCMCIA plugged into this
machine regardless of brand since someone tried an Intel, Xircom and I
tried two cards and it never went above 38k.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin