Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:18:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Thomas (Matt) Barton" <matt@fear.net>
To:        Tony Wells <awells@journalstar.com>
Subject:   Re: PINE -> checking for email

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Tony Wells wrote:

> I used fetchmail, which is available in the mail section of ports to
> do this for awhile.  I tried to find native POP support in Pine and
> couldn't.  If I remember correctly you can run fetchmail on a cron and
> have it dump the mail to your local directory periodically.

You can also run fetchmail in daemon mode using the -d switch, and then
you just specify how many seconds between pools.

fetchmail -d 120

That will have it check the account(s) every two minutes.

For my own e-mail, I have a .fetchmailrc file in my home directory.  I
then execute fetchmail under my own personal login.  Of course, I'd have
to restart it after a reboot, but this machine hasn't needed a reboot in
weeks so I'm good.

Matt Barton         matt@fear.net
Indianapolis, IN    http://www.mattbarton.ws/