Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 1997 09:17:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Shankland <jas@flyingfox.com>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxp driver/chip problems

Thanks for the information, David.  OK, I won't go off hunting for
a bug in the fxp driver :-).  As another data point, in my case, it's
the rev 1 card, and it's in 10 Mb mode.  Unfortunately, I have no
control over the hub being used, so I'll need to either upgrade to a
rev 2 card, and hope that "Intel (rev 2) inside" fixes it, or (sigh)
write a little "ping daemon" that resets the interface after several
lost ping packets to the gateway on the wire.  The things I stoop to :-)!

Jim Shankland
Flying Fox Computer Systems, Inc.