Date:      21 Nov 2001 18:25:58 +0900
From:      CHOI Junho <cjh@kr.FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <Georg.Koltermann@mscsoftware.com>, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: vmware fails on -current

    HM> After this, vmware comes up and then complains about not able to use
    HM> /dev/rtc (/dev/rtc is present in /compat/linux and is kld-loaded) but
    HM> then continues to start up and runs.

Hmm.. I have experienced another problem(-current of 19 Nov.) with
vmware. When it runs it comes up with the following dialog:

  "Encountered an error while initializing the ethernet address.
   You probably have an old vnet driver. Try installing a newer version
   Failed to configure ethernet0"

vmnet1 is host-only configuration. my vmware didn't complain about
/dev/rtc... rtc-2001.09.16.1 is installed.

--
 +++ Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my employers +++
 CHOI Junho [sleeping now]                    <http://www.kr.FreeBSD.org/~cjh>;