Date:      Sat, 07 Nov 1998 22:15:48 -0500
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "JChenXYin@aol.com" <JChenXYin@aol.com>
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998 21:59:33 EST, JChenXYin@aol.com wrote:

>Can you believe it? Your boot.flp file cannot be copied into a floppy disk!
>Simply because the size is 1.44MB and a floppy disk is only 1.38MB.

Did it occur to you that many, many people have went there before you,
and that it MUST work or someone would have fixed it already??  You
need to go to www.freebsd.org and go read the documentation.  It will
tell you that you need a utility program to create the floppy if you're
using DOS, or you can use the unix dd command.

>By the way, can you make you boot.flp file even smaller to fit in a 5 1/4
>1.2MB floppy disk? I have a problem to switch my floppy drives.

Good luck...
Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.