Date:      Thu, 06 Jan 2000 20:43:40 -0800
From:      Philip Jones <thearc@access1.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Unix vs Win98

Hello, I'm just a "consumer/lay person" using Win98.
I know that Win98 is just a "windows shell" over dos.
Unix I hear is a very stable integral system.
Do they make a "Windows" point & click Op. system,
which can accept popular program CD's... i.e. MS Office,
or Netscape, or WinFax Pro, Quicken?
Do they make a competitive Op. system for the consumer to use?
Or should I look to IBM OS2, for these features?
Or are there any other Op. systems which can perform like Win98,
but with more stability?
Thanks, Phil Jones