Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 14:37:25 -0700
From:      "Ron 'The Insane One' Rosson" <insane@oneinsane.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        et-users@etinc.com
Subject:   BPF & ETINC cards

The FreeBSD GODS I depend on,

Quick Question,
  I have a FreeBSD 2.2.6-STABLE box with an et5025 8bit
card for my uplink. I have installed the latest driver
to get SNMP support and bpf.
 Using trafshow from FreeBSD's ports collection I dont
see any activity through my link(Yes It is Up).

trafshow doesnt seem to work...seemingly because FreeBSD
doesnt support filtering of DL_NULL date types and serial
encapsulations are not supported either.

Ok,
 Now with that out of the way, I am no programmer I am an
end user who likes Both FreeBSD and my Etinc product. I
asking if it is possible for it to become a reality to get
this to work.
TIA
Ron

P.S. No flames from either vendor please