Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 2009 22:51:31 -0800
From:      Steven Schlansker <stevenschlansker@gmail.com>
Subject:   HighPoint RR 2640 support in 8.0-RELEASE?

Hello everyone,
I recently upgraded to 8, and purchased a HighPoint RocketRAID 2640 =
card.
Sadly I had remembered incorrectly that this was supported by either the =
hptrr or hptiop driver, and instead it seems to only be supported by a =
binary driver from HighPoint.  However, the latest release of the driver =
is for 7.2, and although it kldload's correctly, I see in dmesg:

module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (pci/rr26xx, 0xffffffff805a92e0, =
0xffffffff81145ca0) error 22
rr26xx: RocketRAID 26xx controller driver v1.0.08.1230 (Jul  9 2009 =
13:58:26)
rr26xx: no controller detected.

it does not seem to work.
Is there any hope of it being supported by the built-in drivers anytime
soon, or is this an intentional oversight and do I have to wait for =
HighPoint to fix their drivers for 8.0?

03:00.0 SCSI storage controller: HighPoint Technologies, Inc. RocketRAID =
2640 SAS/SATA Controller (rev 02)

Thank you for any suggestions,
Steven Schlansker=