Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 20:30:10 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: spam from hub.freebsd.org ?!?

As J Wunsch wrote...
> As Daniel O'Callaghan wrote:
>
> > > It is hard to maintain a mailing list that is supposed to be public,
> > > and restrict mail usage simultaneously.
>
> > It *is* possible to make the list "closed" so that only suscribers can
> > send to the list.
>
> This is in no way wanted for lists like -hackers, or even think of
> -questions or freebsd-gnats-submit/freebsd-bugs.

It's not wanted for -questions alright. But I could see the reasoning
behind 'closing' -hackers. Assuming that the S/N ratio keeps deteriorating
of course...

[ fondly remembers Trailblazer/PEP connected UUCP links, without the
net.polluters that seem so abundant today.
.
.
.
Arghhh! Was that a grey hair?? ;-) ]